Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Quotes about Dragons



I was reading Coraline the other day. You know, the Neil Gaiman, now Tim Burton movie? There was a beautiful line about dragons –

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

Such a poignant, intense line – it took me by surprise and transported me to a world of deep thought. It made me go into my “Google Phase” (yes there is such a phase where you have to know more about the subject immediately and so go on a Google hunt). Some of the quotes I found during this phase were just mind-blowing. Here are some of my favorites.

“Never laugh at live dragons.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

“Perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave. Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something helpless that wants help from us.” ― Rainer Maria Rilke

“If the sky could dream, it would dream of dragons.” ― Ilona Andrews


 “But we were dragons. We were supposed to be cruel, cunning, heartless and terrible. But this much I can tell you, we never burned and tortured and ripped one another apart and called it morality.” ― Terry Pratchett

What are your favorite quotes?



No comments:

Post a Comment